Fairfield Bicycle and Pedestrian Master Plan
The goal of this project was to create a comprehensive framework to guide the development of biking and walking facilities in Fairfield.
The main purpose of the plan is to create a comprehensive framework to make possible the development of new and continued improvement of existing biking and walking facilities. The implementation of recommended plan actions, policies, and strategies will greatly improve the quality of life in Fairfield and its attractiveness as a community. The plan is built on the following five general goals:
- Transportation: to expand opportunities for bicyclists and pedestrians throughout the town;
- Environment: to protect and preserve the environment and Fairfield’s natural resources;
- Economy: to improve the local economy by providing high quality recreational and multi-modal facilities;
- Health: to increase opportunities for bicycling and walking as a means to achieve improved physical fitness; and
- Safety: to reduce the frequency and severity of vehicular, bicycle, and pedestrian-related accidents.